Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy supports the airways of preterm and low-birth weight newborns, who can breathe spontaneously but inadequately. It is a comfortable alternative to relatively invasive therapies, endotracheal intubation and mechanical ventilation.
Dolphin CPAP system is designed to protect compromised airways, enhancing patient comfort and optimizing infant outcomes. Its continuous gentle pressure of air decreases the baby’s work of breathing by keeping the alveoli of the lungs open, enables efficient capillary exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide to take place, helps establish and maintain functional residual capacity, prevents collapse and upper airway obstruction, and reduces apnea, bradycardia and cyanotic episodes.
Key Features: 100% reusable and cleanable Complete all-in-one CPAP treatment and monitoring device Integrated design includes gas mixing, humidification, PEEP chamber, air compressor and pulse-oximeter in one compact unit
1. PEEP/CPAP Innovative design for safe and easy one hand adjustment Easily visible at front of unit
2. Gas Mixing Electronic mixing for easy, independent adjustment of flow rate and FiO2 Directly set FiO2, no calculations or tables Internal regulator allows safe connection to a variety of oxygen sources
3. Humidifier Automatically refills for 3-days continuous operation Small heated volume for quick warm up Heater power is automatically adjusted to maintain correct humidity and minimize rain-out
4. Patient Circuit Completely reusable Most parts autoclavable Can be chemically disinfected if autoclave is not available Includes internal heater wire and temperature sensors Robust but flexible silicone tubes
5. Pulse Oximeter Pulse-oximetry integrated into the device Masimo SET® technology for accurate, reliable, robust measurements Simple user interface and alarm settings No multi-level menus or complicated button sequences
6. Air Compressor Integrated air compressor means there is no need for an external air source Completely integrated, no messy external wires or tubes Diaphragm type for clean, long lasting air supply